West Bay Hunting Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Hunting Report

Hunted Saturday and there were definately lots of birds moving around with the wind and the temp drops. Had a 2 man limit in an hour with poor shooting.

Hunted today and it was VERY slow, hardly fired a shot. Geese are starting to show up in decent numbers, both snows/blues and specklebellies. One more good norther and I think the migration will be on. Good luck and good shooting.

M.M.

Here is a picture form Saturday's hunt.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Nice!!! I can't wait to get out there and put some flak in the skies
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Appreciate the report.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice, Purty Ducks!!

Comment

Yeah, we shot a few spoonies to finish up our limit. We were holding out for some more teal or maybe a gadwall but it sure is hard to pass up decoying birds no matter what they are so we took the shot.

M.M.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Here a a few more. Look at the variation in mottled ducks. I have been doing a lot of reading on the differences between Mottled Ducks and Black Ducks. In these you can see the difference in the amount/width of the trailing white edge of the wing. Also, in the picture of the ehads, the bird in the back has a little bit of green in his head, maybe a mallard cross?? Who knows. I know these are both mottled ducks, but one is much darker that the other along with other variations.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Both dead ducks if you ask me Good Shooting Majek!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X