Gigging season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging season?

I was wondering if those flounder will still be in gig-able water in the wintertime? I know the idea is that they move out into the gulf from December - April or so, but has anyone gone out and gotten some in the dead of winter?

Yes I have
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Not all flounder leave the bay. Alot of them stay. Some of the biggest flounder I ever caught were in January.

Comment

I saw a couple of big beds in the 24"-26" class @ the area of the south jetty and its small cove last night. I did not take any fish and passed on 3 fish in the 16" range.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

That channel side S. Jetty pocket is a nice area, good sand bottom and plenty of room. It's been hit pretty hard though. Last Friday I was there, I saw 4 groups of giggers working the same shore not 50' apart. Feel sorry for the last 3 groups, haha. I'm going to start working that area over well after the "Fall Flounder Fever" crowd is done, I'm thinking it would be a good spot to gig flounder returning to the bays in the spring. But hey, the name of this forum isn't "East End Anglers" is it?

Comment

Working...
          X