New to the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board

Hey guys new here been trying to get into the wade thing myself. Been reading about sportsman rd and i was wondering how is the parking arrangment down there? Crowd? And what is better direction to wade in? Any help would be apprieciated, been wading in texas city just trying to find some new spots. Thanks guys

Welcome. Sportsman's will be crowded on the weekend. I turn around early using one of the driveways, and back down as far as I care to. Wade N, NE, or NW, there is a lot of shell in the area and folks have been bringing in some nice catches.

Comment

parking arrangement can be a cluster sometimes when you have some idiots that park behind and acroos people at the dead end but just park along the road and you will be good or get there early and get a spot on the end and back in but its usually not a problem. crowd can get packed on weekends sometimes but the boat traffic is mainly out from wading distance and waders are all over scattered so its just a matter of were the fish are in the direction of the wade. it varies. where about in texas city have you been wading? i take the kayak out there some afternoons

Comment

My bro and i have been out there off skyline drive closer to the old dollar marina. I want to go and check that sportsman rd out but dont feel like fighting the crowd. Problably be best to go during the week huh?

Comment

Had the same question, So its ok to park anywhere on the road? (obviously not in driveways)

Comment

Thanks for the info guys keep it coming

Comment

Definitely go during the week. It is crazy on the weekends!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

id go during the week if possible but ive been the last 2 weekends with no problems. not sure if you have a kayak but if you do back your truck up to the dead end and drop it off and then go park. yes its ok to park anywhere on the road

Comment

Welcome Aboard
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Might try and make a trip out there Friday let's see how the weather acts.

Comment

Welcome Aboard

Comment

good luck friday if you go. let us know how you do

Comment

Welcome to FWE
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

All of you guys that are parking there need to keep in mind that you are parking on and around peoples property. Keep that place clean, and be conscious of where you are parking and the ammount of noise you make. It won't take much to get the residents down there to get together and have the City of Galveston put up no parking signs. Some of you who haven't fished around here too long don't realize how many places have been taken away from the walk in and kayak anglers.
                            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

x2 what Shallowist said.

City of Galveston can easily be petitioned into putting up no parking signs, gates and barricades I've seen 4 good walk in spots go due to this.

BTW
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X