Slam... finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam... finally

I had tuesday off last week so I headed out to the marsh where I could take shelter from the stiff wind we had.

Glad I did because it was a good day. Finally managed to catch a KEEPER SLAM (only took me 3 years )The flounder hit a gulp, the red took a finger mullet, and I got the larger trout on cut mullet The smaller trout came on a ss jr. The small trout were hitting the top so much that it would tangle and I would be forced to bring it in early. Very low hookup rate though. The tide was way up and it made catching mullet difficult. Had to stretch out the 3 I caught . It was effective though, I don't think I had a mullet out there that stayed 2 minutes without getting bit.

The flounder was stuffed and eaten at a thanksgiving potluck, that thing dissapeared in minutes. Redfish was ceviche'd up.

Very nice,Congrats
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice wtg!!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

very nice day!

Comment

I've never caught a slam

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            I've never caught a slam

We need to remedy that!

Nice slam by the way!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yah 26 years is too long! Man, the first time I took out my GF, NautiGirl has already got a SLAM! She's been out with me once and already showing me up... sorry MilkJug ... I found a website for her TX Lady Anglers... she was excited about the flounder tourney this weekend but she has an event for her church she is volunteering for so were not making it...

Comment

I like those pictures!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                  I had tuesday off last week so I headed out to the marsh where I could take shelter from the stiff wind we had.

Glad I did because it was a good day. Finally managed to catch a KEEPER SLAM (only took me 3 years )The flounder hit a gulp, the red took a finger mullet, and I got the larger trout on cut mullet The smaller trout came on a ss jr. The small trout were hitting the top so much that it would tangle and I would be forced to bring it in early. Very low hookup rate though. The tide was way up and it made catching mullet difficult. Had to stretch out the 3 I caught . It was effective though, I don't think I had a mullet out there that stayed 2 minutes without getting bit.

The flounder was stuffed and eaten at a thanksgiving potluck, that thing dissapeared in minutes. Redfish was ceviche'd up.

great pics. i like how you placed them in the shallow water!
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Right on !
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good work Yan! Looking forward to fishing with you soon.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm getting a lot of mileage off those fish Can't wait for that fall action...

Comment

Great job!

I've never caught a slam either.
                          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Awesome! I too, have yet to catch my first slam. Great Job.

Comment

thats a purrettyy looking flounder!

Comment

Working...
                              X