Need a good chicken salad recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good chicken salad recipe

Anyone have a tasty chicken salad recipe?

This will be served to some older folks so fire breathing habanero stuff is a no go.

Thanks
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

My wife has a really good one -- works for tuna or chicken.

Here goes:

You can use canned chicken breast (3-4 cans), but the rotisserie chicken from HEB works really well - skinned, deboned and diced or shredded
    1 Granny Smith apple, diced
    3 boiled eggs, diced
    about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of diced sweet or bread&butter pickles
    Miracle Whip to taste - Start with about a half a cup and after that add a tablespoon at a time until it is the right consistency and flavor
    mustard to taste - I just add a squirt at a time until it tastes how I like it

I was skeptical about the apples in there at first but they really make the whole thing. If you like onions you can dice up about a half of one and throw it in there also.

Good Luck!
    Mike
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

2 Whole chickens, raw
      olive oil
      salt
      Pepper
      Chopped Garlic

3 cups diced Granny Smith Apples
      2 cups diced celery
      1 cup diced red onion
      1 cup Real Mayo- add more if needed
      1/2 Cup FRESH tarragon, chopped
      Salt and Pepper to taste

Wash whole chickens.
      Coat with olive oil.
      Season all sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and chopped garlic.
      Place in pan and roast at 350F until thickest part of meat reaches 165
      Remove from oven and cool in refrigerator.
      Put some gloves on and pick all meat off chickens and place into a bowl.
      Toss in diced apples, celery, red onions, mayo, fresh tarragon.
      Season to taste.
      Keep chilled below 41F
      2010 Eagle Nest Backlash challenge winner!!

Comment

I use fried Chicken from KFC or popeye's and pull it with the fried skin on. Dice that up and put it on a bowl with Mayo, Spicey mustard, chopped pecans and dried cranberries. Add pepper and salt to your liking. I serve it with Mandarin oranges on a salad or its great on a croisant with the oranges on the side. Simple stuff but very good.

Comment

If you want an old fashioned recipe, for some old fashioned people, try this.

As much Chix as you think you'll need, minced celery & onion, to taste.
          Blend in 1/2 Mayo & 1/2 sour cream until smooth, don't over do it or you'll
          have mush. Salt & pepper to taste....,,Let chill for an hour or so to blend
          all the flavors.

I was a Chef for 15 years, 5 of which I served as a Chef in an Assissted living facility,
          feeding 160 older folk 3x's per day. They loved my Chix salad......Enjoy, !!!
          "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
          "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

Working...
          X