Greens / Diversionary 3-5-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens / Diversionary 3-5-10

Left work early today and hit the water at about 1:30. Stopped in the Diversionary on the way out and picked up 2 rat reds on Plumtreuse Brown Devil Eyes in the gar hole -- water was gin clear and the temp was 57.5. There were quite a few mullet in the canal so we decided to stick it out for a bit. Tried there for about an hour and ran on down to Greens. Made 3 long drifts -

1st drift -- 1 undersized speck and 2 misses.
    2nd drift -- 1 - 16-18" flounder that broke off (lure and all) at the boat before I could get the net under it. 1 -16" speck (kept for dinner) and several misses.
    3rd drift -- Nada!

The 1 keeper trout was caught on a pink strike pro baby buster.
    The flounder and the dink trout were both caught on a chartreuse suspending mirrolure. Got quite a few bumps on the Brown lure but no catches other than the rats.. (i was probably fishing it too fast).

Water temp in the lake was 58 to 58.7 and the water was mud streaked in the front of the lake and got clearer as you moved towards the back. Saw only 2 or 3 mullet the whole time I was in Greens. Wish I had taken more pictures but I was cold and there wasn't much to take a pic of anyway...

Turned out to be a pretty good afternoon in spite of the wind and the snot grass -- glad to be able to avoid that skunk that's been running around out there.
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Thanks for the report. We need the water temp to jump 10 degrees and maybe the bait will start moving back in!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the detailed report. Yep, at least not skunked.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sounds like a fun way to start your weekend. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Comment

I guess if i would have just looked for a report i would have seen you posted. Stupid me. thanks for the report
              19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Comment

Glad you got out to play some. thanks for the report
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Great report IBTSOOM!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice report. i am with you on the fishing to fast and missing em. All my fish in the last week have been hitting it on the fall aftter the twitch. And have been deep hook ups. Its going to turn on soon and I cant wait!!!! see ya on the water!!
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

IBTSOOM how i missed this?????????? good report thanks man
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                      X