West Bay Flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Flats

Anybody ever wade the larger sandflats in the West Bay Coves Flats. It seems at the right time of day you could get into some decent sight casting when the weather warms a bit. I'm just learning to cast for Saltwater and that is the easiest for me. The flats I looked at yesterday at high tide ranged from inches to about a foot for a large area then dropped into deeper water. Seemed like it might have a good amout of crab or other crustacian running around. At around noon I could see for about 30 yard in water less than a foot, will the clarity be the same in Summer? Thanks for your help,

Water will turn back to Milk Chocolate here before too long. I have more luck with the fly in other spots
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

can be very good in the backs of certain coves. Give a little time for the temps to come back up, and the tides to stabilize. Many of the coves are growing grass these days, it's all dormant right now, but noticable in a couple of months. Clarity will be less than currently, but still has some very good days. You will probably find some bigger groups and larger fish on the open shorelines and the marshes, but plenty of reds to sight cast on the south side.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Yes, especially from Terramar area to San Luis. Unless SSE or S wind, water will turn off color fast. Lotsa bait in late spring through summer, but also lotsa boats and folks. Nice hard sand bottoms and lotsa rays. Look for drop offs and drains.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X