Short trip 11/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short trip 11/20

I went out last night around 9:45 to try and gig some before the front hit.

What was interesting is that the conditions were the best I've ever seen by a long shot. The tide was low, wind was non-existant, and the visibility was incredible. I could see the bottom in waist-deep water up to 10 feet on all sides of me. In knee-deep water I could see as far as my light could shine.

Here's the bad part. I had only gigged for 10 minutes before the front blew in Man, if I could only rewind the clock and get there at sundown... I saw three that were right at the limit, and gigged one of them. Man, you could really cover some area that night. I will take it as a learning experience, and look for the conditions in the future.

The fronts turn West Bay to gin clear water... Its not uncommon for us to have water clarity at waist deep and see your toes
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report MJ...that does suck when that weather sneaks up on you!

Anybody ever gigged on top of Confederate? We hit em there one October about 3 years ago and that water was excellent when the rest of the bay was off and windy. That shell was a little difficult to maneuver on but the flounder were laying on top of it....which I thought was kind of wierd.

There are also some good sand flats East of South Deer that aren't to bad...especially after its been cold and the sun has been out strong all day.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
      X