Rockport Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockport Reds

Launched at 9am (Fulton Harbor) in the fog and headed across the bay to San Jose Island. The water was flat and pretty clear, no wind. First stop was just outside Allens Bight, nothing, next four stops about 15 minutes each were outlets to the north...zero. zip, nada, nothing...........and then we hit Pauls Mott, caught 9 reds and put 5 in the box in an hour. Back at home with the boat washed by 1:30. Would have stayed for the sixth fish but the bight fell off like a switch was flipped. Not a bad morning for staying in the boat and using dead shrimp. Beats working! I had such low expectations that I didn't even bring a camera..........Dang! All the fish were 21-23 inches.

As an aside, it seems that the Aransas County Navigation District recently surveyed the boat ramp in Fulton and discovered that it is private property and owned by the people that own the small marina there. Now they charge $5 to launch and park which is OK with me so long as they put in a fish cleaning table.
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

You think they would put in a cleaning station.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report Ron!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Hey Ron sounds like it's going good.....keep the reports coming!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Not a bad day at all
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Good trip,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
            X