drums and reds in west bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drums and reds in west bay?

Hello all, new to the board and glad that I found this!

With my son and nephew being on spring break next week, i would like to get them on some bigger fish. Are the BU's in west bay yet or should i look else where.

Thanks for any tips.

Steve

Welcome Steve,I've heard of some being caught around the jetties,not sure about the big drums yet but I'm going sunday to see for myself.Good luck.
    Last edited by HEEEREFISHYFISHY; March 12, 2010, 01:24 PM.
    fish caller

Comment

There have been reports of nice reds in East. Someone put on here about a 30# drum at the jetties. Welcome to the site!

Comment

I haven't heard of any being nailed at San Luis pass yet. Moonpie hit San Luis yesterday and zeroed, then he tried Boat Cut at North Jetty and zero. I'm gonna (hopefully) try Fleenor Flats (halfway out along inside of South Jetty) and along "bend" at North Jetty tomorrow and maybe near boat cut or near ends of jetties-otherwise be along coves in West bay for trout and reds. Water temp is in lower 60's, so run should be started.

BTW, Welcome to FWE!!! Post up how ya do. Also, check out the FWE Drum CPR tourney under West End Forum-pics go by color-gotta have right color in pic-this week-until Sunday eve, I believe is Black. Check it out.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome aboard!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

hope you find em Bill
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

See ya on the water
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Welcome, I have not heard of any "big" fish caught recently, but I would have to agree with the others about the jetties. Just have fun with your boy and his friend, that is the most important.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

well, we drifted around on north deer island, and caught 3 reds 16"-18" and one stingray. missed a couple of hook-ups, but the kids had fun catching them and ready to go again.

No pics, due to camera not charged.

We will try again on Thursday, if weather permits.

Comment

Welcome aboard... All of the fish are in Trinity Bay right now you just have to find them... Trust Me...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

No, no, don't you mean Lake Calcasieu? LOL!
                        "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

Comment

I have never fished the jetties you guys speak of. Where is a good on to give a shot? Would I fish it similarly to how I fish the surf? cut with 2 drop leader? What about artis? You guys rock with all the good info, as always much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X