Nothing To Brag About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing To Brag About

but I did whack a fat girl today. She's at the meat market in Lufkin getting transformed into a smooth jalapeno chedder summer sausage and tenderized back strap steak. Got something for that afternoon offshore snackdown now!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Very Nice! I havent shot a deer in a few years but I am wanting to bad. Next year, I'll be on a lease for sure. Sounds good, any chance on sharing!!! Just kidding. Good work.

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
      but I did whack a fat girl today. She's at the meat market in Lufkin getting transformed into a smooth jalapeno chedder summer sausage and tenderized back strap steak. Got something for that afternoon offshore snackdown now!
      Good job FoF looking forward to tryin some of that summer sausage out.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Jalapeno Cheese Sausage!! YUM!!!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Where in Lufkin?

I hunt Nac and we don't have a decent butcher. Where do you take your deer in Lufkin? Does he do them one at a time or mix? Most places such as Doziers and Midway, mix it all up so you get back crappy sausage that makes you sick because they mixed your well cared-for deer with someone's gut shot, hood ornament that laid around in 60 degree weather for 48 hours?
          Thanks.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I used to take my stuff to midway prior to this post... They mix up the meat? I thought they kept it all in tubs and separated it out?
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              I hunt Nac and we don't have a decent butcher. Where do you take your deer in Lufkin? Does he do them one at a time or mix? Most places such as Doziers and Midway, mix it all up so you get back crappy sausage that makes you sick because they mixed your well cared-for deer with someone's gut shot, hood ornament that laid around in 60 degree weather for 48 hours?
              Thanks.
              I'm not sure but I think they do it seperate. I think it was Choice Cuts Meats, on the South side of town.
              Last edited by FlatoutFishin; November 28, 2008, 08:48 PM.
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Thanks FoF. WEA-yes, Midway mixes the meat-I do not use them after about 6 or 7 years ago when I took a neck shot, quartered deer to them and saw someone else dropping a doe that was gut shot and already smelled rotten-wasn't skinned and the genious had tied to hood of car so it "cooked" some on drive back-couldn't help but ask where they got the doe and it was near Uvalde-so he had that thing on his hood for 5 plus hours and it was a warm weekend. Every piece of sausage I ate made me sick-obviously mixed with others. I don't get sausage done at markets because more than once I got back poison-at over $2/lb, I won't pay for that stuff especially since it seems like 90% of the time it is crapola and rampant with bacteria-might as well eat road kill. Ask them next time you drop off your deer-yes they process one at a time, but the sausage if binned and is mixed with others-I know of only 1 place that doesn't mix deer for sausage-Dutchmen's in Fredericksburg-they made 60 Minutes on the correct way to process meats back during the mad cow Oprah fiasco. I usually just get it cut up and that's all-plus it's cheaper that way.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Thanks FoF. WEA-yes, Midway mixes the meat-I do not use them after about 6 or 7 years ago when I took a neck shot, quartered deer to them and saw someone else dropping a doe that was gut shot and already smelled rotten-wasn't skinned and the genious had tied to hood of car so it "cooked" some on drive back-couldn't help but ask where they got the doe and it was near Uvalde-so he had that thing on his hood for 5 plus hours and it was a warm weekend. Every piece of sausage I ate made me sick-obviously mixed with others. I don't get sausage done at markets because more than once I got back poison-at over $2/lb, I won't pay for that stuff especially since it seems like 90% of the time it is crapola and rampant with bacteria-might as well eat road kill. Ask them next time you drop off your deer-yes they process one at a time, but the sausage if binned and is mixed with others-I know of only 1 place that doesn't mix deer for sausage-Dutchmen's in Fredericksburg-they made 60 Minutes on the correct way to process meats back during the mad cow Oprah fiasco. I usually just get it cut up and that's all-plus it's cheaper that way.
                  I forgot...called them and no they do not mix.
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Just got the venison back and that is some of the best jalapeno cheese summer sausage I've ever eaten. There was no casing on the sausage, which I've never seen, but this stuff is good.
                    We're doing some chili tonight, wish I'd of had it last night.

Choice Cuts in Lufkin processed it, and they did an excellent job.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                    X