jetties 3-14-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetties 3-14-10

left GYB around 7:45am hit the boat cut for about 30-45 min with nothing to show and decided to go to end of the north.water temp was 58.9 when we set up and it wasn't long we were in the big drum.caught some on crab but the shrimp was the ticket.ended up c&r 12 from 25# to 36#(if my scale is correct).My father-n-law is from the hill country so he was having a blast with these big fish.water was 60.1 when we left and we were in 25-26 foot of water.
    Attached Files
    fish caller

Sweet.....That looks like fun.....Did you enter the tournament?
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Are you registered for the Black Drum Tournament?
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

jetties 3-14-10

nope!when the 3rd drum hit the deck,I was thinking why the hell didn't I enter.Oh well,next time.
        fish caller

Comment

You can still enter... plenty of time left.

Comment

nice catches. Sure is fun fishing for those ugly suckers.

Comment

We hit S. Jetty about Noon on saturday, was there about 15 minutes-2 hits (I use circle hooks and forgot not to set it, just reel) missed em, then phone rang and ambulance was taking my dad to hospital, so pulled anchor and headed in and then to check on him in hospital, so only 15 minutes, but 2 hits right away, slow outgoing tide with little movement-28' water, crabs.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice catches and lots of action.
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Wow!!! Nice fish... Yep, I'm hoping to get on the board this weekend... I have a new spot that I hope is holding some "50 inchers..." Those BU's are fun to catch....
                  "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                  "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

The bigest one we caught was about 40 inches and it was a 15-20 min fight with med gear.A 50 incher would be a battle for shure.I'm not shure if my scale is correct,the 40 inch one was only 36# on the scale but felt heaver to me.idk it was BIG fun.
                    fish caller

Comment

Those are awesome fish. We had one last year in the tourney I believe was around 43 inches. I have Penn reels loaded with 80lb Suffix Braid and Penn Slammer and Ugly Stik rods in the 20-50 lb. class. We had a few we believe were larger, break off.

We will be trying the same spots this weekend, if the weather cooperates..

see ya on the water....
                      Attached Files
                      "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                      "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

I bring my snapper rods out when I got after Big Uglies...

100LB leader, 80 lb top shot on the reel to 65lb braid. We've bent several 7/0 hooks before

Comment

All we had were some Ambassadeur 6500's I found in my closet with 30# mono on some $9.00 Academy rods someone gave me for christmas years ago.Next time i'll be better prepared and hope to find some to bend 7/0 hooks.
                          fish caller

Comment

Originally posted by screamindrag View Post
                            nice catches. Sure is fun fishing for those ugly suckers.
                            you recognize that guy Tommy?
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

I might just have to head out saturday to get some big uglies after seeing those pictures! Nice...
                              NoBama

Comment

Working...
                              X