expiremental afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expiremental afternoon

I took the missus and three little ones to surfside today. Beautiful day great water, but still too early. Tops, tails, 51's, and yes even some fresh dead! First time ever throwin cut bait. One hit.
    Water is chilly after the first gut. Birds were working, but way too far out. I am really looking forward to the warm days in the surf. I can't believe we are getting another front! Come on already!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Sounds like a relaxing day.thanks for the report
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I can see it starting in about 2-3 weeks! Thanks for the report!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks 4 the report
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

At least you gave it a shot, way to take out the family.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Hang in there, the best is yet to come!

Jigr

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
              I took the missus and three little ones to surfside today. Beautiful day great water, but still too early. Tops, tails, 51's, and yes even some fresh dead! First time ever throwin cut bait. One hit.
              Water is chilly after the first gut. Birds were working, but way too far out. I am really looking forward to the warm days in the surf. I can't believe we are getting another front! Come on already!

Thanks for the report.........can't wait to do that with the family as well.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

It's not far off, water is a bit cold. But 2 to 3 weeks is probably about right. It's usually in April for the trout, I'm sure some cut mullet would locate a bull or two already in the right location. Look for the 70-72 degree mark to happen in the next few weeks.

Griff, we will be taking those little girls fishing this spring and summer, along with increasing the size of your lifer.
                http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I am thinking about trying again this weekend. I really want to see those little ones tussle with a big Bull!
                  TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Good luck...can't wait until the surf temp gets right. I'd rather be in the surf or on the south jetty when it's SE 10 mph or less with 2 foot waves. That's FISHING !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                    X