Best way to get to SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get to SLP

Heres my question. When I lived in Galveston 10 years ago I use to try to get out to SLP. I had a small car and it was really hard to get down there. I would always get stuck. I started to enter on the beach a few miles down and drive the packed sand to SLP but thats was even tough getting down on the beach. I will be in galveston last week any April and wanted to know if anyone had any suggetions on getting to SLP with no 4x4. I will have small retal car again. Is there a good spot to enter on the beach with packed sand so I wont get stuck lol..

Thanks

they made some better trails to get there.they are or at least were marked pretty good.sand still gets soft in spots though.follow the well travelled trails
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Chances are that Chucks out there and can pull you out. Just ge nice when he does But they built up a section thats drivable. I turn right before the bridge on the galveston side. I go straight on that trail and watch where people made it through. I always take a tow strap as well.
      Pm me for chucks # He has a nice jeep.
      NoBama

Comment

if u go down to the bridge, go to the left side, there is a gravel path on the left to the beach. when u reach the end of the gravel there is a bit of packed beach but soon turns into "mini dunes" .......... the only way i could describe them.....lol... turn left before the minis and theres good beach all the way down to where they poled off the beach.. that path is up close to the grassline. but once u make it down a ways theres is solid ground to cross over to the shoreline.... i drive a taurus and had no problems..... when in doubt......just hammer it... lol.... good luck..... also the trails on the right side of the bridge can lead u to the shorelines in the surf... thats if your willing to find ur way through the maze of em, but its doable....
        if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Coming from east, before the bridge, go to left and follow road as it goes to left towards beachfront-that road is passable-when it ends, stop and look to see if loose sand and if looks ok, stay in packed tracks and you should be OK.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
          X