Wbay 3.20.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 3.20.10

I had to go back and see if they were still where I found them Tuesday...slid into very fishable green water around 6:20, wind was s/e at probably 15, tide was moving slightly, falling I think..moving from right to left if you were facing N. Chunked a top to cover water as I headed to the spot I was hoping to find them. Sure enough there were a few mullet working as I set up around 7 to see if they would show between then and dark.

Was thowing morning glory/ch texas assasin on 1/8oz head...nothing for about 30 minutes then missed back to back hits around 7:20. Caught a 20 incher around 7:30, and decided to try a pearl fatboy because of all the big mullet...I think it was a bad decision...no bites on the fat boy so I went back to the morning glory at about 5 til 8. Fist cast it got nailed...after 2 good drag ripping runs, and some head shaking on top, I netted a fat girl and snapped a pick which doesn't do her justice, before she swam away. She was about half inch over the slot on the rod marker.

Sand/mud/with a smattering of scattered shell...way out in front of the coves...they are starting to move in...maybe this will be the spring that I finanlly break 28....
    Attached Files

Nice! At least you got some good pulls in before this weather hits.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice job OR19!

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Very nice!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good one!
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice fish, thanks for the release.

quote: "She was about half inch over the slot on the rod marker".
            What slot..... trout or redfish?
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Great catch. Would have liked to have fished pr-front this morning. Great job!
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Good Yob on the catch...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

great report...good luck on goin over that 28" mark
                    dont worry if chip can do it so can you
                    probably will come on that topwater !!
                    Captain Glenn Stevens
                    Coastal Guide Service
                    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice report Ben! If you keep throwing in that area, you will land one. 28 inch mark in this bay is a real accomplishment, but that 25.5 is nothing to be ashamed of. Wish I had caught one that nice. Sick most of the week and didn't even see the water until yesterday. I will catch up with you soon!
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Thanks for the report.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the report.
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice trout! Thanx for report.

Jigr

Comment

Area

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                              Nice report Ben! If you keep throwing in that area, you will land one. 28 inch mark in this bay is a real accomplishment, but that 25.5 is nothing to be ashamed of. Wish I had caught one that nice. Sick most of the week and didn't even see the water until yesterday. I will catch up with you soon!
                              Hey Steve, I moved....farther west....tired of walking all that mud and shell...so I went and found some sand and a secret patch of scattered shell that I'm convinced only I know about!! Spring pattern is just about to explode!!! BTW I cleaned the smaller one right after I posted this and it was 22 after being on ice all night...now I don't think I was off by 2 inches on the big one but it was dark and it makes me wonder...I gotta get a boga.

Comment

Working...
                              X