Nets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets?

This may be a stupid question - do you guys wade with nets?

I lost a large flounder right next to me on a wade a few days ago and can't stop thinking about it. What types of nets do you use? I'm already pretty geared up with wading belt and stringer so think I would prefer something that either breaks down or floats but is easy to get to when fighting a fish...

Thanks!
    Brian

When I carry mine I use the blue one from Academy with a floating handle and another float on the other side. It is on a strtch string that attaches to the wade belt and keeps it close to you.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I use one with a cork handle on a string that has about an arms length range on it...I use it for flounder mainly and you never know when a nice dinner plate flatty is going to strike so I keep it on me all the time...I don't use a wading belt...only wade with net, stringer, and whatever I can fit in my pockets/wading jacket AND I don't think I've ever once fished ever lure I had with me! Nets are not usually a good idea if you are fishing with trebles.

Comment

i have the blue net from academy also. it will save you some fish especially flounder. but if you are doing catch and release only i wouldnt get one then, its just more to drag with you

Comment

i like the new ego i picked up at the show it works and floats.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

No Net ever...stab them flounder with your spike on your stringer right thru the back...it will stun them then slid'em down... cause there already strung.I haven't lost a flounder in over 2 years using this method...

Comment

I use a HookSet ego floating wading net... Works wonders and actually stays above the surface... I've lost to many nets to oysters etc. Dang things get hung up & rip off... HookSet has some good stuff! www.hooksetgear.com
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

a net is one more thing in the way
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Never...ever...use...a...net
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                    a net is one more thing in the way
                    x2

Comment

Boga.....

Comment

I typically only use a net when fishing a tournament. I have lost too many good fish without it that might have put me in the money. I saw the ego net at the fishing show and it is really nice!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                          I use one with a cork handle on a string that has about an arms length range on it...I use it for flounder mainly and you never know when a nice dinner plate flatty is going to strike so I keep it on me all the time...I don't use a wading belt...only wade with net, stringer, and whatever I can fit in my pockets/wading jacket AND I don't think I've ever once fished ever lure I had with me! Nets are not usually a good idea if you are fishing with trebles.
                          Do you carry pliers/hookouts?
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                          X