un namable SHALLOW shell flat!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un namable SHALLOW shell flat!!

I can't tell you where, but I can tell you when and how.... I decided that I hadn't fished enought stupid cold, windy, god awful low tides yet this year, and the sun was shining, so I went for a quick wade this afternoon.

Not that you didn't already know, but the tide was about 5 feet below normal this afternoon, I don't think that I have ever seen it quite this low, and certainly hadn't fished when it's out this far. I had a long walk to find water that was deep enough to hold a fish, with the slight 400 mph breeze, I made the longest casts that I have ever made. The fish were there, more were well beyond my reach. There were only a few mullet that I saw moving, and the fish were popping a slick here and there. I spent about 2.5 hours on the water, playing with the Baby Buster again. I got 3 bites, the first fish was about 4 pounds, then I hung the lure and broke off. I Tied on my trusty pink catch 2, and went' back to work. caught another 4 pounder about 15 minutes later. Shortly after that fish I saw a mullet jump for the second time about 40 yards farther down the reef, then a slick popped. I made my way over, and the fish said yes. The final fish was in the 7 pound range, no scale and no ruler, and way to anxious to get back in the water for another.

They slicked a bit more and a few mullet jumped, but I couldn't get another fish to eat. Sun was dropping fast, and I jsut called it quits. Just under 3 hours, 3 fat trout, and home I went. The first pic is a 4 punder that ate the Baby Buster, the second is the best that I could do with the 7 pounder. Sorry, no backgrounds here.

All fish were caught over shell and mud, I was standing in about mid thigh depth casting to just less than waist deep water. It was dirty and still flowing out hard from the wind. Water temp was about 58, and the skies were blaring, air was just over 60.
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Hey you already posted those pic's before........just kidding steve nice job!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice trout Capt Steve! I'm guessing 25-27" hard to tell from pic def a nice trout!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Steve Soule strikes again! Good job man.
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice job Capt Steve......That is a fat trout!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Wow. I didn't think anyone was gonna be able to find fish, and solid ones at that. Nice job!!

Comment

Nice job.congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice...I didn't even leave the house yesterday!!! Thought about it but stayed on the couch and watched my bracket go to s&%^!

Comment

Nice

Comment

nice 1
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Really solid fish...thanks for sharing.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Sweet
                        Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Sweet fish. Nice lure too
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Nice !! -- now you gotta fork out another 13 bucks for another buster! Worth it though if you ask me!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Just hope that I/we can produce the same on Saturday for the Specktacular. I seriously doubt that what I did yesterday will have much relevance on what we see this weekend. Oh well, it was fun to get out and I always llike the challenge of trying to make them eat when everyone tells me I'm wasting my time.
                              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
                              X