Trinity 11/26/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity 11/26/08

Launched from Thompson's at 7:30am or so....a little chilly on the water. Started cruising the north shoreline to find birds everywhere. Only problem was they wouldn't stay huddled long enough to fish them. After going to 3 or 4 different groups of birds, we finally got on one that stayed. Caught one keeper trout barely legal. Fought the birds for the next hour or so and caught a few dinks and sandtrout, but nothing special. Didn't even see a whole lot caught. Finally made it to the spillway and fished there for a while. Nada. (By the way watch out for trees in the water all around the entrance to the spillway). Then we started heading back to the ramp. Stopped at a shell reef on the way in and picked up 3 trout in about an hour, 2 of which were around 20 in. Called it a day at 1pm. I think we could have done a lot better if we would have started at the reef in the beginning. Oh well, at least we got a few. All fish caught on Black Magic TTKs.

Watch out for debris along that whole north shoreline area of Trinity. There was not a lot of debris but we saw some pieces of piers and other things sticking about 6 inches out of the water out in the middle of no where. I'm talking posts big enough to gash a 2 foot hole in your hull and throw you out of your boat. Wear your kill switch!
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Thanks for the info. We didn't see much debris in Upper bay on Tuesday.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good report and nice catch.

MM
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
      X