This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend

Alright well I am thinking bayou putting my boat in the bayou for the first time. I have been studying google earth about the area can't wait to get a first hand look. What kind of structure should I be keying on? Flats, shallow reef, deep reef? Should I fish the channel or work the shoreline? How deep is the bayou?

The bayou is deep. I would run out into the bay and fish the shorelines/Reefs. The water temps should be back up and the fish should be moving shallow to feed. Find bait and you should find fish! Do you have a GPS with the navigation chip so you can locate structure and stay out of harms way?
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I do have gps but I do not have navigation chips yet.

Comment

Stay close to the channel markers and take your time and you should be fine.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

yeah I will be going nice and easy and keeping an eye on the depth. I am used to fishing the slp area so I know all about how fast the shallow water can come up. What kinda bait has been productive lately. I was thinking about throwing a gold spoon or some gulp penny's or the gulp swimming mullet.

Comment

i'll be out there myself.

Comment

where do you launch? I am planning to launch from 2004 probably around 7ish. Still not sure if I'll go Saturday or Sunday. Whatever day has the least wind and is warmest is the one I will pick.

Comment

up the bayou is good as well just work the shorelines been alot of fish in there
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

theres not any fish there
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                    theres not any fish there
                    that is what I figured. I am scouting some new places to go skiing and to bring my jet skis.

Comment

chocolate bayou

Hey they dont allow jet skis east of the 2004 bridge except on Saturdays and Sundays. FYI

Comment

What find of bait will depend on the conditions that day, but if you want to take the guessing game out of it, throw a 3" new penny gulp on a 1/4 oz. jig head and bounce off the bottom, you will catch a few. It won't be like tops or arties, but you will have fun.

Originally posted by Fishinguy View Post
                        yeah I will be going nice and easy and keeping an eye on the depth. I am used to fishing the slp area so I know all about how fast the shallow water can come up. What kinda bait has been productive lately. I was thinking about throwing a gold spoon or some gulp penny's or the gulp swimming mullet.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                          What find of bait will depend on the conditions that day, but if you want to take the guessing game out of it, throw a 3" new penny gulp on a 1/4 oz. jig head and bounce off the bottom, you will catch a few. It won't be like tops or arties, but you will have fun.
                          Gulp is arties Mike.......just accentuated with that lovely smell.....
                          Any plastics including gulp, mirrolures, corkys, spoons, spinnerbaits, stick baits, tops in the right conditions, just find what works for you and you have confidence in.
                          sigpic

Comment

Your right Chip, I just have a hard time considering them arties. I guess I just get pissed that Donna catches more fish them on with those gulp and I am hard headed.

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            Gulp is arties Mike.......just accentuated with that lovely smell.....
                            Any plastics including gulp, mirrolures, corkys, spoons, spinnerbaits, stick baits, tops in the right conditions, just find what works for you and you have confidence in.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I just found out that Humminbird has a free uni map that should give me some nav help. I really need to get that fish finder installed so I can play with it. I've had it sittin in the box for almost 2 weeks. I think I'll go pick up my boat tonight from the storage and bring it to my house so I can play.

Comment

Working...
                              X