Late afternoon from Sylvan Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late afternoon from Sylvan Beach

Put in at 3:15 and decided it was a bit too bumpy to run to Trinity and decided to fish the reef between the marina and the mouth of the Bayport channel. Hit one dink trout and a ratred on gulps and decided to leave. Went around the marina to the protected side of it and noticed some birds working next to the first pilings. Jetted on over to just south of them and killed it and started to drift into them. I picked up the rod that still had the margarita BA left on from the trip before and threw it......BAM!! As soon as it hit the water he hit it. Biggest trout of the trip and personal best 22 1/2" 3.6 #'s. We caught 7 more on that drift from 17- 22 1/2. The sun was already down so that was it. 2 1/2 hours 8 trout and all on artis. I'm kinda proud on myself being a bay newbie and all and Coe knows that I don't have a camera so no pics. All fish were released to catch another day.

007........soon to be Bay Master
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Haha, good work 007. Bay Master...we'll see.

MM
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Nice catchin 007.....Thanks for the report.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Just remember who gave you that margarita sand eel JR!

Glad you got on some.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Bay Master....? nice catches Mike!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice catching,Congrats
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like I missed a fun trip. Thanks for the invite though Mikey.

Comment

Working...
              X