Braided Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Line

Someone please answer my question... This past weekend I got into an argument with my brother in law about braid vs mono. I was kind enough to take in his broken reel and have it replaced and I also had to strung with braid. He has never fished with braid and I thought he might like it much better. He went fishing this past weekend and the guy he went fishing with told him that braid is only used for fishing the gulf for big fish. I tried to politely as possible inform him that braid can be used in the bay and anywhere else that mono is used. Of course me being a female he gives me the look like I don't know what I'm talking about. Would someone PLEASE say something in support of me and aid in letting him know about the braided line.

Thanks!!!!!!

I dont use it but a lot of the guys on this board use it all the time.nothing at all wrong with it.just depends on what you like
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I uses it all the time, lakes and bay and offshore. I back it with mono first.
      NoBama

Comment

back with mono and have a mono leader. I have a rod with braid that Chip rigged up for me trying to get me to switch and all my other rods are rigged with mono. I have caught myself using the braid more, but have caught less fish since switching. Could just be the crappy weather though. We will see come this summer.

Comment

What type and lb. test did you rig it with? they may be referring to that, but probably not. Tell him he's wrong about only using it offshore, but it is also personal preference, too.

Comment

I tell you what, its a pain to get the birds nest out. X2 on a mono leader
            NoBama

Comment

One of my fishing buds uses braid on his bay stuff-that braid sounds very cool when fighting a fish-most folks say much more sensitive to bites. I'm a cheapazz, use Ande 1/4# spools, 12 # test.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It is easier to get backlashes out of braid.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                  It is easier to get backlashes out of braid.
                  yep
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    One of my fishing buds uses braid on his bay stuff-that braid sounds very cool when fighting a fish-most folks say much more sensitive to bites. I'm a cheapazz, use Ande 1/4# spools, 12 # test.
                    Yepp Robalo your right Andie 12#...
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I love Braid, Fins 8 lb dia---30 lb test. I have tied a mono leader, but with the tony clips I don't

Comment

Why back it with mono and how much do you use, sorry for the hijack, but you can use the info on brother inlaw.
                        "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Braid is the root of all fishing evil lmao... I use mono big game #12 to be percise... If you enjoy loosing big fish then go with braid... If you would have spooled my reel with braid it wouldn't have been a argument... I would have just peeled it off and spooled up with the most deadliest line on the market... LMFAO
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I use Fins Windtamer 20 or 30lb with a 20Lb flouro leader.I fill half the spool with Mono before the braid. The mono is stiffer than the braid and a lot cheaper. If you don't spool the braid really tight you can have problems with the line pulling down into the line below it when fighting a fish and then you are sure to get backlashes.
                            I have horsed reds over grass in the marsh with Braid, but would never be able to do it with mono.
                            The sensitivity of braid is unparalleled and can be a huge benfit when fish are biting softly or if you are fishing in windy conditions.
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                              I love Braid, Fins 8 lb dia---30 lb test. I have tied a mono leader, but with the tony clips I don't
                              me too I got me 600 yards for the next year
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X