3/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/24

Made a run out with my neighbor who had never fished with Arties. Fished from 10am to 2:30pm in areas with different types of bottom and structure. Fished out of the boat(He has no wading gear) We caught fish at every stop, but couldn't get on a consistent bite, but he had a blast!
    We caught 13 trout and 1 rat red with the bigest being 23" and 4lbs.
    He is now an arty convert......Just wait til I get him into some topwater action wading!
    Sorry for no pics, but the computer crashed last night and having to post from my phone.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Good deal, wish i coulda been out there today, i figured those fish would be on a decent feed with the small system we have about to move through...that coupled with the tides coming back in.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Good job Chipper
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Pics

Got the pics on my laptop:

Steve's first Trout on Arties

And the first red

sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad ya'll found some good trout. Nice report Chip!

Comment

Nice....I've got a buddy that I'm trying to convert...I keep refusing to split the bait with him, and most of the time I out fish him on arties, he still likes those scrimps though... I almost walked in late this afternoon/evening...I should of went....Friday looks like the next good window. I'm itching to make an east bay run.

Comment

Nice job fellas!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report Chip, you are becoming the saltwater king! Did you try calling me yesterday? I was in Austin, sorry about that.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  Nice report Chip, you are becoming the saltwater king! Did you try calling me yesterday? I was in Austin, sorry about that.
                  Yeah.....I figured you were out of town. No big deal, we will catch up later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds good, looking forward to you and Tina coming down and staying a weekend if all possible.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                      Sounds good, looking forward to you and Tina coming down and staying a weekend if all possible.
                      Let it warm up and we will be all over it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Bring it on, it is only a matter of a few weeks.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice job. Way to put him on some fish!

Comment

you got the right bite today ...waded far west this afternoon after i talked to you
                            2 14 " trout lots of bait in the area though!!
                            Captain Glenn Stevens
                            Coastal Guide Service
                            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

I a going to start trying to make the switch. Life would be much easier to just go without having to stop at the bait shop. Plus would be easier not to have to use up space on the boat for bait and everything else. That is my coal for this year to make the full switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X