friday wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friday wade

so now that I got my $100 worth of lures... ill try to send some pictures, im looking to test them out!! If I can muster up the courage of leaving my dog locked in the house for a few additional hours (couldnt take him out much this week) ill go.

Last weekend I waded 8mile late afternoon to early evening. Saw A LOT of mullet jumping! like 5-8 every few minutes or so, and it seemed i was in the belly of the beast(s)... it SEEMED! I was throwing soft plastics, slow retrieve, bumping it off the ground etc. NOTHING. when it started getting dark I switched to a top water or two. NOTHING. Bait still jumping, I think one mullet jumped about 3 feet in front of me and i swear i heard him say "SUUUUCCCCKKKKAAAA"!!! stayed well into the night. There was another guy who called it quits also..not a darn thing to show.

Earlier that day, I went to the seawall just to try my luck with some dead shrimp...1 hardhead!

man i need some help! lol

Don't get discouraged it will come in due time grasshoppa... LMAO... You will have a lot more blank days in your future... Put your time in on the water and quit trying to force it... Technique is everything and once you nail that down the productive days will begin... Everyone on this board has been in your shoes...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Grasshoppa, once you are able to take the egg weight from my palm, you may leave the temple and roam the bay to catch whatever your heart desires.

Comment

X2 on what Keith said, we have all been there and it still happens on a regular basis. Just have fun and feel lucky that you have the opportunity to fish, we could be doing something like work
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

true indeed true indeed... i hate it when i drink too much beer the night before im supposed to go fishing!!! Cause I never end up going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well Hoppa I told you not to use all that $100 on lures , now you need book a trip with da Pimp or someone that can help you learn the ways. It took a a Good friend and several $100's worth of lures to find out that I only needed a few to do the job..and a your very on technique.

Once you feel a pull/thumb and can remember how it all happen, repeat - repeat. A slow retrive with a 3/16" jig works best for me, color doesn't seem to be the main factor but ole Red Plum BA's is always thrown in my boat/wade.

wd

Comment

Working...
            X