Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/29/08

11/29/08 report

Today was the first back on the water in 4 or 5 days and I was very ready LOL. Today was more of a scouting trip than anything as I wanted to look over some of my areas I like to fish during the colder months. Put in at Fat Boys this morning around 530am and headed west. Started off wading some shell along the ICW and it didn't take long at all before the black/char She Dog was getting knocked all around. But unfortunatly these were all schoolie Trout. The next spot near North Deer Island produced some better fish but they were only willing to go for Corkys and Assassins. Found a few Trout in this area to 23". I had to be off the water at noon but I atleast wanted to spend 2 hours drifting some off colored water out towards the middle of the bay. On the first drift I found what I was looking for as I boxed a few more Trout and 1 Red that went 22". Ended the day with 7 or 8 Trout and 1 Red.

On the way in I noticed a nice sized post about 14" in diameter sitting right in the middle of the old ICW. The way this thing was positioned I am amazed it didn't end up in the bow of someones boat. This thing was laying right in the middle of a high traffic running lane. After about 10 minutes or so I finally got a rope around it and was able to drag it up on a reef about 200 yards away. I know it probably won't stay on the reef but thats the best I could bdo being bymyself, that was a heavy SOB LOL.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Man you did much better than me the other day. Nice Job

Comment

Nice report.
      And way to go for being a Good Samaritan. You might have saved someone a hull
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

AP,
        It was a tad on the windy, choppy side when we were out this morning. We did some drifts in that same area and caught some trout. I think I had four trout, a rat red, and a Spanish Mackerel on a Corky!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

What boat you running Kenny? Yea, it was a tad rough! I hunkered down behind north deer for a while to stay out of it.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
            What boat you running Kenny? Yea, it was a tad rough! I hunkered down behind north deer for a while to stay out of it.

AQUA PIMP
            My fishing partners 20' Sea Craft.....usually I'm in my little Flatscat.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Got like those dirty streaks in West this time of year. Thanks for the report AP. I'm wanting to fish this Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday....or all 3. Anybody going?
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice report Pimp Daddy! I'm glad you got that post out of there before I found it....Thanks,
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                  Got like those dirty streaks in West this time of year. Thanks for the report AP. I'm wanting to fish this Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday....or all 3. Anybody going?

Maybe?
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                    Maybe?
                    We be wading first...you better bring them waders.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I may be in too. Let me see whats going on when I get to the house.

MM
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

We be wading first...you better bring them waders.
                        Ready to go.
                        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                          I may be in too. Let me see whats going on when I get to the house.

MM
                          Sounds good... wind might, according to weather guru's, be a problem but we'll make it work.
                          Looks like it's time for a midweek gathering in upper West Bay!
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                            Ready to go.

Checked them for holes yet!
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I think I may be out there Tuesday. I'll be running out of Fat Boys if I go

AQUA PIMP
                              AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X