Clear All

• Gyb 11/30

Wind NW 10 early up to 25
    Water Clear to 3 then dirty
    Sunny
    Water Level - Very Low
    Tide - incoming
    Water temp - 68

Headed out to the Ferry Landing this am with a buddy. Waded into the water about 6:00am. Water was beautiful and the tide was moving nicely. Right as it started getting light a cruise ship came by and sucked all the water out. The water level dropped about 2' and the it sent in a rogue wave about 3' high jsut as I was backpedaling over the rocks to the shoreline. I am glad I saw it coming from a ways off. The water muddied up badly after that and with a 25mph wind in our face we decided to move out about 8:00am.
    We went down to a couple of winter walk in spots in Seabrook and found some small flounder and a 26" red.
    I should have blown off today and slept in, but we did explore a new wade spot while the tide was way out, so it wasn't a complete loss.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
    Wind NW 10 early up to 25
    Water Clear to 3 then dirty
    Sunny
    Water Level - Very Low
    Tide - incoming
    Water temp - 68

Headed out to the Ferry Landing this am with a buddy. Waded into the water about 6:00am. Water was beautiful and the tide was moving nicely. Right as it started getting light a cruise ship came by and sucked all the water out. The water level dropped about 2' and the it sent in a rogue wave about 3' high jsut as I was backpedaling over the rocks to the shoreline. I am glad I saw it coming from a ways off. The water muddied up badly after that and with a 25mph wind in our face we decided to move out about 8:00am.
    We went down to a couple of winter walk in spots in Seabrook and found some small flounder and a 26" red.
    I should have blown off today and slept in, but we did explore a new wade spot while the tide was way out, so it wasn't a complete loss.

That wasnt y'all I saw in the Seabrook Lagoon about 1:00 was it? The tide was way way out. They were fishin the little gut between the grass and the Toddville bridge.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good report Chip! Thats one thing I hate about wading that area and areas around thye Dike, those ships can throw some monster wakes and create some strong currents. When I'm wading Skyline DR I'm always watching for those ships.
      Winter time is a great time to learn new areas for sure.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Lagoon

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        That wasnt y'all I saw in the Seabrook Lagoon about 1:00 was it? The tide was way way out. They were fishin the little gut between the grass and the Toddville bridge.
        We were in the Lagoon wading all over the place. I am worn out from wading through all the mud. We left about 11:40 so he could catch the games.
        There were a couple of guys that showed up right after we left, so that was probably them.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          We were in the Lagoon wading all over the place. I am worn out from wading through all the mud. We left about 11:40 so he could catch the games.
          There were a couple of guys that showed up right after we left, so that was probably them.
          10/4...I used to wade that area alot, especially during flounder season. That little gut, where it feeds into the bigger gut coming from the flood gates can be awesome for flounder. I feel it used to be better before they dredged and made the flood channel. You could fish from the bridge and slay the flounder using shad you casted up.

Definitely a good place to escape from the wind. Another spot is Sportsman Rd/ 8 Mile Rd area. Plenty of spots to get out of the wind around there too. Glad y'all got a few pulls!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
          X