West Bay 03/27/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 03/27/10

Done about 4 winter trips walk in wading, and have had no luck what so ever. I wanted to try and catch a winter Hog, but nothing. Got experience in every trip I went to, found out new places, new boundries, and deep wholes...LOL...hope never happens again. I know winter is out, yet today I had the chance to take my kayak out. Grind it out for several hours working different lures different ways till I got a bite after hours of trying and trying. One bit and no luck, continue working the Berkly swiming mullet by using cast...twitch twitch, set still twitch twitch then reel, and continue the pattern, then after about 40 minutes of that bang I get my second bite of the day. I nervously pull slowly and feel the weight of the fish....then set the hook and the fight was on. Maybe it was not a winter sow, but I did get a nice 21 1/2 inch fat healthy spring trout. Almost flipped my yak as I was desperaqtely trying to get it in the net.

This fish my day!
    Attached Files

Way to go! I bet that was a rush when you set the hook and it was on. Keep going it's only going to get better. Wait until you get a nice trout on a topwater.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Good job and thanks for sharing kick arse picture
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

cool pic and congrats. its been a grind lately so theres more fish to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
          Way to go! I bet that was a rush when you set the hook and it was on. Keep going it's only going to get better. Wait until you get a nice trout on a topwater.
          Ditto!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Nice pic and report. Way to stick it out. Looks like a great day on the water.

Comment

picture taken by tum tum, good friend that has taken patience and time to give me some awsome pointers. also went with nando, both enjoyed seeing my strategy on gettund the fish in the net...lol

Comment

Nice fish, looks like thew same area we've had success in the past 6 weeks .
                  Happy Fishin'
                  Chicken

Comment

thanks ...good day an the yak
                    Captain Glenn Stevens
                    Coastal Guide Service
                    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Gotta love it when a plan comes together! Thanks for sharing
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Dude I am just glad that you didnt flip your kayak. When I saw you trying to get that trout in the net it just looked like you where about to flip over.

Comment

Nice report and fish!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Way to go FISHINGRED !! We all start at the beginning and work our way to the end. Each time you go fishing, you learn something and get a little better.... keep it up !! Nice Trout !
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X