fins braid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fins braid

were can i buy some fins braid in the houston area ?
    thanks
    castaway300

they sponsor a few guides around here. i sure have not seen their product in any stores around. you might only be able to order on line i was just fishing with a fellow who uses the wind tamer in 8/30 on a baitcast. his casts were as long as any on the boat i'm thinking i'm going to give it a try.

FB

Comment

Chip uses wind tamer, and it is on one of my rods.

Comment

I bought a 1500yd spool at the fishing show, but I usually buy from Hookset Gear (Sponsor of the site).
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

fins braid

Has anyone tried it on spinning reel?
          Thanks,
          Capt. Mike

Comment

I know several guys that use it on Spinning reels and love it.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

fins braid

They sent me samples, but I haven't tried it yet. Been using mono for life.
              Going to try it on customer and see how it work.
              Thanks for the reply.
              Mike

Comment

Why try it on a customer? Try it yourself and you will be "Hooked"!
                sigpic

Comment

fins braid

All my rods and reels are alike, so everytime we move, customers don't always get the same rod. Not all customers are experienced fishmen/women, so I get wind knots with mono at times and I loose lots of terminal tackle to hangs. Just got to do it and see what happens.
                  Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

I switched from mono to Power Pro three years ago and really like braided line. Last year I bought some Fins braid (Wind Tamer) at the boat show and use that exclusively now. I usually fish bait on the bottom for reds so I use 30/8 which is 30 pound test with a line diameter of 8 lb mono. I use either 17 or 20 lb leader which usually breaks if I am hung up. I have found it best to use 10-15 feet of mono on the reel spool as backing so that the braid does not spin/slip on the spool. (this isn't necessary when you turn the line end for end which you can do with braid rather than respooling with new line. I really like Fins and usually use green but red shows up better in pictures.
                    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

fins braid

How much line to you put on your reels? With mono i fill reels to within 1/8" of top of spool, with 10# this is about 130 yards.
                      Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

I fill to the top of the spool and have never had a problem. With a full spool the spool turns more slowly during the cast and can help with extra distance. It also allows for a faster retrieve since the spool doesn't have to turn as fast to get the line back on.
                        sigpic

Comment

I fill my E-7 and 200 to less than an eighth of an inch, usually pretty close to 150 yards. (has the dia of 8# mono). At the end of the season, I turn the line around.
                          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Working...
                          X