Simple, cheap, kayak storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple, cheap, kayak storage.

So I had the idea to hang my kayak on the wall with big hooks instead of pulleys on the ceiling. I found these heavy duty storage hooks at home depot for like $6 a piece, complete with screws and foam padding. The hooks are rated at 50lb capacity a piece, and my kayak weighs around 60lbs, so i figured it should be fine with 2 hooks. Be careful if you use the provided screws, my drill snapped one while screwing into the stud. It was easily replaced with one from the random screw drawer.
    Attached Files

I bought a few of these, I'm going to try and clean my garage tomorrow and get the yak up off the ground. Good idea!

Comment

So I got around to cleaning the garage, and I mounted the yak. This is an awesome storage idea!

Thanks for the advice, I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Comment

Looks great. I like the fishing rod storage, Where did you get that? I currently hang my rods on little hooks on the wall, but the hooks usually break out of the sheet rock after a couple months.

Comment

I got the rod holder at academy for $10-$15. It only holds 3 rods but at the price I would buy another one. By the way today is the first day I have parked in my garage in almost a year! :P Spring cleaning I guess.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. But, I can hardly walk through my garage let alone park in there with all the carp in there, walls too. I have my 2 yaks hanging under the eave on the back of my garage.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I wish i had a garage......ike would have made it a pile of junk........nice job guys.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
              X