165 more days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 165 more days...

Agh! I'm having withdraws! 4 BW teal buzzed us yesterday....

165 days
    15 hours
    2 minutes &
    0 seconds

(at time of post) until OPENING TEAL!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I like to hunt the ducks without afterburners

In the mean time, You could always pass the time fishing.

I walked the bottomland this morning and seen a few woodducks,....one was even perched on top of a nest box.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Agh! I'm having withdraws! 4 BW teal buzzed us yesterday....

165 days
      15 hours
      2 minutes &
      0 seconds

(at time of post) until OPENING TEAL!

we will hunt together this year.

Comment

Teal: Staff anticipates either a 9-day or a 16-day season with a 4-bird daily bag limit.

Statewide: September 18 — 26, 2010 (9-day season)

September 11 — 26, 2010 (16-day season)

Late Season Species:

Ducks: Staff anticipates a "liberal" package from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

North and South Zone: October 30 — November 28, 2010; December 11, 2010 — January 23, 2011.

High Plains Mallard Management Unit — October 23-24, 2010 and October 29, 2010 — January 23, 2011. Youth seasons will be the weekend before opening day of the general season in each zone.

Daily bag limit: Coots — 15.

Ducks — 6 in the aggregate, to include no more than 5 mallards (only 2 of which may be hens); 3 wood ducks; 2 scaup (lesser scaup and greater scaup in the aggregate); 2 redheads; 1 pintail; 1 canvasback and 1 dusky duck (mottled duck, Mexican like duck, black duck and their hybrids) after the first 5 days in each zone.

Mergansers — 5 in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 hooded mergansers

Geese: Staff anticipates that Texas will have a 107-day season for snow and dark geese and a 72-day season for white-fronted geese in the Eastern Zone, and 95-day for all species in the West Zone.

East Zone:

White-fronted goose: October 30, 2010 — January 9, 2011

Canada and light geese: October 30, 2010 — January 23, 2011

Daily bag limit:

Light geese — 20 in the aggregate

Canada geese — 3

White-fronted geese — 2

West Zone (all species): November 6, 2010 — February 6, 2011.

Daily Bag Limit:

Light geese — 20 in the aggregate

Dark geese — 4 Canada and 1 white-fronted goose

Sandhill Cranes: Staff anticipates a 93-day crane season with a 3-bird bag limit in Zones A and B, and a 37-day season with a 2-bird bag limit in Zone C.

Zone A: November 6, 2010 — February 6, 2011

Zone B: November 26, 2010 — February 6, 2011

Zone C: December 18, 2010 — January 23, 2011

Comment

I can't wait!

Comment

I can't wait and I just got on a duck and goose lease for the first time.

Comment

Few shots...
              Attached Files

Comment

I can't wait either...i think about them all the time. You should see all the grey ducks we still have up here.

Let's hope they have good habitat conditions whenever they reach their breeding grounds this spring/summer.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Few of the better hunts from last year....
                  Attached Files
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff we need to link up this year and get some hunts in!

Comment

saw a whole lot of ducks on the beach last nite. gave them a call and got em headed my way. just feeding my addiction

Comment

Just yesterday I saw a drake bluewing hanging with a couple resident mallards. Yep, season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

I was down at the beach house in Sargent this last weekend, saw a very nice group of BW teal....... Good news is we planted all our rice last week..... Can't wait for teal season!
                              WS

Comment

Working...
                              X