No Water Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Water Tuesday

Hit it around 0630 with some guys from work(Sorry 007). The water was sooooo low today and with an outgoing I was a little hesitant about putting in at Fatboys, but did anyway.
    Sunrise was excellent , but the bite wasn't. Worked some shell drops and drifted shallow tyo deeper with little results. So went to plan B, the ICW drains, specifically the channel between Karankawa Lake and Halls. Found plenty of jumping leetle white shrimp onthe shoreline way back and commenced to whacking down a few fat fat 14 1/2" and managing 3 quality 17"ers for dinner.
    That was about the extint, after a busy night at work, (the unit doesn't like cold weather very much) I was slap worn out by noon. Heading back in it got hairy, with a few liquid courages under my belt, we slid in on spit to Fatboys via the backside of Jones. That water was so incredibly low. After arriving at the dock, I noticed a newer muddy looking stiffy pushpole that a worker had found buried in the mud. After inquiring about it, the nice lady at Fatboys let me have it for $20. This replaces the one I broke last year and to think I almost spent $300 on one a couple weeks ago....Karma!

Couple pics from yesterday. #1 sunrise at Confederate. #2 I just cleared the crabtrap to the left.#3, perfect place for Coe to show what that new bote will do. #4, my stiffy.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Nice report and pics.Good catching in those conditions
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Can't wait FOF!! Nice pics!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice pics and thanks for the report Flatout. Think I'm gonna put in at Tiki and give it a shot tomorrow if this d@mn wind will lay, screw it I'm going anyways!!!!

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
          Nice pics and thanks for the report Flatout. Think I'm gonna put in at Tiki and give it a shot tomorrow if this d@mn wind will lay, screw it I'm going anyways!!!!

AQUA PIMP

Nice thing about that channel off the ICW...you don't hardly know the winds blowin! Give it a shot and lay that tout right on the bank, when it hits that dropoff a couple yards out get ready to set the hook.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice report....Sounds like a tough one out there today!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
            X