Surfside area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside area

I will be staying at my inlaws in Surfside over Easter weekend. I dont fish this area much.
    Is there anything I need to be concerned with navigation wise trying to get my boat into the back lakes along the ICW? I am refering to Nicks, Salt and others in that area. My boat is a polling skiff, but I use the trolling motor most of the time.
    I just don't want to get stuck and not be able to get out or tear something up on my boat.
    How deep are these areas? What kind of bottom? ETC?
    CHASIN REDS @ THE $$$$MONEY HOLE$$$$4
    WRECK EM TECH

Mud and shell reefs, as always look for the reef markes (poles/stakes) but going into salt lake there isn't any. Watch the tides so you don't get caught up in salt lake but if you don't draft more than like 6 to 12 running you should be fine.

good luck

Comment

Drop the boat in Christmas and hit the north or south shoreline depending on the wind. Enjoy.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by RED RAIDER View Post
        I will be staying at my inlaws in Surfside over Easter weekend. I dont fish this area much.
        Is there anything I need to be concerned with navigation wise trying to get my boat into the back lakes along the ICW? I am refering to Nicks, Salt and others in that area. My boat is a polling skiff, but I use the trolling motor most of the time.
        I just don't want to get stuck and not be able to get out or tear something up on my boat.
        How deep are these areas? What kind of bottom? ETC?
        Ben that boat you got will run over 3 inches of water what are you worred about...lol
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Reeltime, she will run in a true 3" on plane. but she drafts about 6-7" when on the trolling motor with just me in the boat. add another person and she probably drafts another inch.
          i am not familiar with this area at all. I will be learning it this year though, since the economy has made me cut back on the trips to POCO.

i no i can get into these places when running, but what is it going to be like when I shut her down and fish. Especially with the extreme low tides recently.
          CHASIN REDS @ THE $$$$MONEY HOLE$$$$4
          WRECK EM TECH

Comment

You'll be alright back there with that kind of boat.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
            X