Check Filler Cap O-ring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Filler Cap O-ring....

Ok, now that the season is here I have one more reminder for you boaters.... don't forget to check the o-ring on your gas filler caps!!!!

I took the boat out a week ago and the good ol smart monitoring system on my Mercury hollered at me. When I looked up the codes it said "water in fuel". Well... let's change the water separator and the new boat doesn't have a separate water separator, just the tiny one built into the motor and that will fill with a little spit.

Long story short. The O-ring on the filler cap broke and let condensation build up and the ethanol kept pulling it out the air.

Took it to Finish Line Marine and had that small one on the engine changed, added an inline fuel/water separator and had to have the tank drained. Not happy about that but at least it happened close to home and not when I was on a run on the other end of the island.

Well, that's my 2 cents of wisdom for the morning. Keep your fuel dry and your lines wet! Many good catches to ya.

Joe

I'm surprised that nice boat didn't already have a water seperator installed. Thanks Joe.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
    X