Chocolate Bayou Winter Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou Winter Fishing?

I know the trout stack up in the Colorado River in Matty when it gets cold. Do they stack up in the bayou as well? I'm talking north of the 2004 bridge. I've never tried fishing it before but it seems like it would be a great cold spot, out of a stiff north wind if the bay is too rough. Any of you guys ever heard anything?
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

My uncle used kill them north of the bridge under the lights of one of the Chem plants that were on every night. i don't know if they are still there though. That was about 20 years ago.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

3/8 oz. jig. and plenty of ice or a good live well and you're set. They're there now.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Chocolate is a very good bayou in the winter. I'm talking way way way up the bayou too. You can get way back up there where the bayou starts getting skinney if the water is right and get out of the wind. It pays to have a trolling motor aswell.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

A friend swears by the lights up near Liverpool.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Wow thanks for all the input. I'm going to have to give it a try soon because that is waaay closer to me than Matagorda. I'll post a report when I do go and let ya'll know how it is
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
            X