Outside the floodgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside the floodgate

Sorry I missed out last night at hooters but I could not miss out for this morning. Switched out all the bad hooks on my topwaters last night and loaded up the wading box with 4 shepups, 3 spook Jr.s, and 4 catch 5's in hopes to find one of those big girls roaming around.

Water was smooth heading out of the Fish Spot this morning and was wading just before 630 am. Tide was still steadly moving out. First spot was full of mullet and something was stirring them up. Not a single blow up for almost 2 hours.

It was really neet though to see the sun making its way over the horizon only to make the fog build up. I was about 1-200 yards away from the flood gate at this time and next thing you know you can't even see the gate at all.

I moved closer into Dickenson since that was the direction the mullet were moving. Found more action but no hook ups for the next hour. I headed back to the boat due to the dense fog that has really set in now.

Tried some of the suspending lures and plastics waiting for the fog to lift. Incoming tide came in strong and made for more mullet really being busted up. But by this time I decieded to head on home.

Closer I got to the flood gate the denser the fog. Idling the boat you could not see other untill your casting distance from them. It was also nice they did not even leave there Nav Lights on to help people like me see them. Glad I got a nice gps to help navagate. I did not get out of the fog untill about 1/10 mile from the fishspot and there was no fog at all.

Water was Trout Green and could still make out my feet waist deep. 67.5 degrees. I accomplished my goal though and that was to give it atleast a 3 hour wade using nothing but tops!

Working the two different areas I learned a few different things like bottom struckture, where to drop anchor and since I could hear the dudes further up from me I will start there next time because they were catching a few solid fish.

Might sneak out again in the morning but was thinking of Jones this time.

Good report Kevin.....Nice to hear you are out there chunkin' tops! Keep it up and you will get into em soon!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

way to get out there. Better day than I had at work.

Comment

Working...
      X