zerk fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zerk fittings

This question is for folks with a Bob's jackplate...Do you have a problem with greasing the zerk fittings on each side of the plate? Mine will not take grease. I actually switched to a different gun and blew the end off due to excess pressure! Any clues?

tks,

harry

I haven't encountered that problem. Unscrew the zert and make sure it's clean.

Comment

Take the zerk fitting off and attach to grease gun. then try to pump through it .If it wont pass grease use a pick or sharp object to push the ball bearing in. they will stick when exposed to saltwater. If no success try a new zerk fitting and check it before you install it by connecting it to the grease gun. It is very unlikely you have an obstruction pass the zerk fitting not allowing the grease to go into the jackplate. good luck. if you cant get it fix I will come over and fix it for a fishing trip or some good food and beer!! LOL
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

thanks corndog, actually I called bob's. guy there said it's a common complaint. I pulled both out & grease flowed just fine...he said to have someone raise jackplate as I was greasing the zerks...works like a champ. btw they are stainless fittings. thanks again for the reply. (maybe we'll get a fishing trip together someday)

Comment

Glad you got it greased up. Good information.Remember stainless will corrode if left in saltwater. Especially when it is not grounded to an anode or is isolated to a dissimiliar metal. But its still one of the best metals going for our fishing.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
          X