New GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GPS

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good color screen gps. Trying not to spend too much $$ either. Ours has been giving us some trouble the last few times out..

I bought a Garmin GPS76CSx

Its handheld, waterproof and floats!

$250 online or at Academy...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the info Coe!..I was looking for one to put on the boat though. I already have a handhelf one for the yaks and whenver we take the little jon boat out. Thats pretty cool that it floats, not sure if mine does lol

Comment

gpsdiscount.com
        Get a Garmin with the maps.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Maps??

Originally posted by kenny View Post
          gpsdiscount.com
          Get a Garmin with the maps.
          Which maps?? Are you talking about the Bluechart maps??
          I am looking for one also.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Cool, I'm gonna check that website out.

Comment

I believe so... You can probably buy a unit preloaded etc...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Gps

I got a color GPS/Depth Combo at Boater's World for $300 - Eagle (cheaper version of Lowrance) Model 500 c Seacharter -another $100 for chip/navionics mmc card. Problems I've had with Lowrance and Eagle are the CPUs. My Lowrance 5000c (GPS only) cooked in my radio box on the Robalo-they can't take long (days) of exposure to high heat and I have 2 eagles (1 as back up on Robalo and 1 for Skeeter) and one is blinking constantly (again too much heat exposure-don't leave those suckers on boat in 100+ degree weather for more than 1 day. They are cheap (Eagle), but you'd do better with a Garmin; but I figure at $300 for a combo unit, WTH, I could buy 2 Eagles for price of 1 Garmin. Your decision.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X