Easter evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter evening

Was on the way home from all of the Easter festivities when my wife got a call from her dad. He wanted to come over and see the girls. He also asked how he could put his name on the schedule to go fishing with me. Since it was my father-in-law I knew it would be easy to get a kitchen pass. Problem was daylight. He got to the house around 4:30PM and we were leaving by 5. There were boats everywhere and the wind was howling. First spot made a drift without a bite. Decided to make a little run to another area I figured there would not be many people. Wrong. 4 boats anchored up, so I pulled up short and we decided to drift another shoreline. Glad we did. Caught a ton of schoolies on glow paddle tails. Probably had a few keepers in there but they would have been right at 15. Only had time for 3 drifts but I did end up with a 20" trout and a 16" flounder that he took home for dinner. Just wish he would have caught a keeper. We were off the water at 8. The fog came in quick last night.

Nice, way to get out on the water with him!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice job
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Did you let him back the boat in?
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice going Jeremy. Good report-that fog was bad!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
            Did you let him back the boat in?
            I backed it down to the water, but I had him go get the truck and back it down empty so I could trailer the boat. I have it down now.

Comment

Good report fp
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good report Jeremy!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

very nice Jeremy!!
                  now the father in law will be coming alot more often!!
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                  X