WTB Kayak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Kayak!

I've been looking around at different kayaks and it's blowing my mind with all the options. I currently have an Ocean Kayak yak-baord, which seems to be well made but just way to slow and tracks like crap

I've been considering a few different models

Native watercraft manta ray 12 - Custom outfitted at southwest kayaks.

I like the store but their base price seems to be super high. Then after outfitting it's insanely over priced.

I've also been looking at the Ocean Kayak prowler trident 13 angler or base model. The angler has some cool features I like but could live without. For example the rod pod storage compartment. I really have no plans to bring out 7 rods so this is kinda pointless. The downside of the rod-pod is the lack of scotty rod holder. In the base model the scotty would go where the rod-pod is in the angler.

How hard is it to outfit the kayak yourself? Add your own holders and flush mounts? I'm looking to stay under $1k for the kayak basically equipped. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm also willing to buy used, so if anyone has a well taken care of yak let me know.

Thanks!

try tkf.

Comment

Ditto on tkf

You can buy one all rigged and ready to go for a good price. Just have your money ready since the good one's go quickly. FYI: I started with a 12ft Redfish that I really liked but got a 14ft Tarpon that I like even better due to the speed. And get a rudder, it is worth the money. Good luck and tell us what you end up with
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

I kayak fished for 3 years untill we got a boat. I fished out of a tarpon 160 a heritage redfish and a perception search 15. The search was the best it was fast good features and well priced. I rigged mine out bu myself. Just make sure you always cut the hole a little smaller than you think. And use plenty of silicone. The redfish was also nice not as fast but better priced and more stable. but the yak you mentioned always impressed me in the store I have no experience with it though.
        Hope this helps

Comment

i bought a rigged manta ray 14 off tkf and spent $750 then i added two flush mounts my self for $10 a piece.......... tkf has got some good prices and some good people on that website as well as here

Comment

I got the Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13. I'm loving it so far.

Comment

I have a 12 and 14.5' Native ultimate for sale 12 has keel rudder and 14.5 has factory rudder. See in classified.
              Thanks,
              Mike
              361-438-1866
              Aransas Pass

Comment

What RTOLER said. Personally I wouldn't have one shorter that 14 foot. I have a Perception 15 Foot, and Tarpon 14 foot. Used would be your choice for under $1,000.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X