Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Issue Now...

Steering is fixed now a fuel issue!

She started right up then died 5 min later can't keep her running didn't pursue further. I need to change filters will this fix my restriction changing water fuel seperator and in line filter under cowling? Think it's gone deeper? There's particles in the in line!
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; April 11, 2010, 07:19 PM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

All you can do is replace what you can and give it a try. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to replace the internal filters (on yamaha's they are the VST filters for the low and high RPMs pumps).
      Good luck

Comment

Do You have a plastic fuel tank? If so the ethanol will make the tiny fibers turn loose on the inside of the tank. Also old fuel lines will too. Change all of the filters and seperator filter and try it again. Is this on the Mud Buster Gator?
        Beandaddy

Comment

No this is on the 22' Robalo... 3 years old. I have no clue how to change the high & low pressure filters for the fuel pumps...

Comment

What engine do You have?
            Jerry

Comment

Yamaha 250 4 stroke

Comment

Coe:

Since your motor is fuel injected, sounds like it may be the injectors-that is what is going on with my brother's suzuki-bad injectors-it'll run ok for a minute then bogs down with low rpms and won't plane. We switched to a temporary tank-which I sugggest as a check on fuel issues-hook up a 5 gallon tank and bypass your fuel system. If that doesn't solve problem, then it is likely injectors. If it does, then it may be a bad line or bad fuel. I would start with the lines. Replace the gas/water separators-dump it out in a clear jar to check for water. Will bulb prime? If not, check bulb or replace it, then start checking fuel line from motor to bulb, then bulb to gas/water filter. If still won't prime, then it could be main line to tank or pick-up tube in tank.

You have particles in what? The clear plastic filter or what?

I just found a hole in port fuel line between filter/separator and engine and motor was not getting gas-trouble shot it as stated above and it was the fuel line between bulb and motor.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I got someone on top of it. Thanks.

Comment

This is for 200/225, but I suspect 250 is the same. This link has all the big maintenance items on it (including the VSTs). One of the best how to's I have run across. Especially since I have a F225. Knowing how to change the oil without making a mess, kudos in my book.

BTW, my engine bogged down last summer as soon as I hit 4400 RPMs. I changed the external water/fuel filter and the fuel / water separator inside the cowling. That did it for mine, but when I was doing research on the problem came across a few links on having particles in the filter (white particles). People had to change the VSTs, and both filters all at once or else it didn't work.

Good luck!

Comment

Cracked primer bulb was the culprit... retesting I guess Sunday if I can make it down there...

Comment

Good thing the GTR is still runnin Coe!

Comment

Originally posted by HuntingRDR View Post
                          Good thing the GTR is still runnin Coe!
                          Like a champ! Welcome to the board bro!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                            Like a champ! Welcome to the board bro!

Thanks man...figured I should come on over after hearing all the talk about your site and invites lately.

Comment

Well introduce yourself on the Welcome Forum not everyone over here knows you... Show them all that bad arse rig

Comment

Working...
                              X