4/10 Sportsman Rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/10 Sportsman Rd

Walked in right at 7 am. Winds SE around 8, a little bit of bait here and there, water kind of off-colored but still fishable. Started off throwing a topwater. No hits so I switched to a BA. By about 7:30 or so, the wind switched to ESE and steadily picked up to 15. It got nasty quick. Worked the shell until about 9:20 with only one bite and then decided I was going to head back to the jeep and maybe run west to some cove and try to find some reds. I was about half a mile out in the water, so I just took my time and fished my way back. Got about halfway back and heard what sounded like thunder. I looked over my right shoulder and saw the gates of hell sitting over San Luis Pass and Sea Isle heading my way. I made it back right around 10 when it started sprinkling. But the time I made it to 3005, rain was coming down pretty good. Talked to another wader that caught a flounder but he had zero other bites. Talked to 4 or 5 kayakers throwing shrimp and they didn't even catch a hardhead. I called it a day with the rain situation and just decided to head home. Hopefully next time I am down from CS the spring pattern will be in full swing.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

good report Hey thats fishin....
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

When will it turn around????? No telling anymore, but that long winter has something to do with it. Darn El Nino!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I think that and the fact that we keep having these little cool snaps. Capt. Mickey said the water heats up then gets knocked down a few degrees and it just makes things too unstable. I think as soon as we are done with these little northers its gonna be on. May 12th, the last day of finals, sounds like a good time for me......
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Thanks for the report-that weather turned bad-forecasts were way off.

Good luck on finals and it better be nice by May!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice report,bummer on the rain and no fish.
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thats why they call it fishin not catchin.
              A for effort bro.... lol

where is sportsman road??
              Last edited by young gun; April 13, 2010, 09:36 AM.
              if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Originally posted by young gun View Post
                Thats why they call it fishin not catchin.
                A for effort bro.... lol

where is sportsman road??
                Take 8 mile road from 3005. Its not far past the end of the sea wall.

XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Working...
                X