Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine Pass/Keith Lake 4-2 & 4-9

4-2
    Got an early start Friday morning and ran down to Keith Lake. Got there and started wading a protected shoreline throwing tops. Bait was everywhere! In one hour of fishing I caught two limits of reds from 22"-27" with a handfull of bigger end rat reds.They were rolling all over the topwater. Fishing mostly 2' of water over mud/sand mix with shell patches mixed in. Water was sandy in color and great visibility. Left them biting to go help the family out with some chores.Tried taking pictures and the new camera wasnt working, on the last fish of the day I took out the batteries and noticed I didnt have them in right (Go figure).Didnt bring the cooler with me, didnt think I was going to do good, another go figure right?

4-9
    Not going to go into detail bout everything but here ya go.
    Water visibility - 3-4'
    Wind - 5mph at most
    Got to my new hot spot at sun up and small shrimp were being chased by tailing reds. Sight casted to the first red with a Super Spook Jr. and got his attention he followed it and took it, missed the hookset though but I knew after that it was going to be a good morning.
    Fished 2-5' of water near marsh drains with topwater, chrome w/black back, and a secret new color from TTF in the Red Killer Soft plastic. Didnt post all pictures of the reds because of the "Secret Color"
    Ended the day with a total of 6 reds, 4 keepers with 2 throw backs, and 1 small flounder.
    Didnt keep any, just having fun. Enjoy!

nice

Comment

killer pics!! good report thanks!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Great report. i need to go fish that place come on dbarham lets go~~~
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Come on over guys, the E-SE winds arent effecting this spot at all!
          Last edited by BMTAngler; April 14, 2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Great shots!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

wow,nice report!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
              X