Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

The new members info. said that I should stop by and say hello...so howdy everyone. Name's Mike, from Houston. Love the website...especially since West Bay, X-Mas Bay, SLP, and Cold Pass are the main areas I fish. Originally a land-loving bass fisherman from Waco, but have been living down here for about 4 years...been salt-water fishing since I got here. I've pretty much been hooked since my first surf trip! Not an expert by any means, but not exactly a rookie....still a lot to learn from the vets like you guys. Got my first Kayak this year, but haven't really mastered finding the fish in the bays yet....usually stick to the wade-in spots I know. But, I plan on hitting it real hard next spring, if nothing else to justify to the wife all the money I dropped on the yak & accessories!

Hope you and yours are well. Looking forward to hours of reading the message boards instead of working!

Darn, didn't see the Welcome forum before posting this. My bad.

Comment

It's alright, Welcome aboard!!
      Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Welcome Mike. I got a cool place for you to use as a yak base. Not far from the launch at SLP.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

welcome Mike

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Welcome. You're gonna like this place.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Coach - that would be great. I usually launch at Ernie's or down the way a bit at cold pass or X-Mas bay, but not right at SLP.

Comment

Welcome Jarhead. coach's place is a short paddle from ernies or that long ditch a lot of yakers put in at. You will enjoy this place, learn lots and meet some great people.

MM
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Hey there, think I've seen you on TKF before.

Comment

Welcome Aboard
                    NK
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

welcome Mike

Comment

Yeah, I'm on TKF and 2Cool a lot....trying to avoid working and soak up as much info. as I can. I really want to make the transition from live bait & some artificials to pure artificials. Working on it...thought about taking that guide Slowride's yak class down in Port A I think...maybe this spring.

Comment

Welcome, I'll move it for you Mallard ...
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                            X