Late report 4/10/10 & 4/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late report 4/10/10 & 4/12/10

Headed out to 8 mile rd to do some wade fishing. Hopes were up since there was a 0% chance of rain. We saw clouds creeping up on us and were thinking was going on, but kept fishing till we found some fish. Getting some bites of berkly jerk shad, and friend finally hooks up a nice flounder. When he is reeling it in I get to see the flounder and he gets off, so this is the moment of truth........it is me and the flounder. We see each other eye to eye and he charges at me. I quickly wait for him to come under between my legs and trap him under. I knew he was under me because I could feel him fighting to get away. I can t believe it, I get my first chance to fight a flounder, so I think about what I can use to get him, but have no net or anything, so I see the end of my stringer. Looks sharp enough, so I unstrap my waders and go down under to gig my first flounder, sure enough the stringer worked and when we take him out to measure he was a good 22in. Kept fishing another 20 minutes then saw thunder and called it quits. Here is a picture with my friend holding the flounder, and I got to keep for actually capturing it...LOL.

Monday went for a quick wade to seabrook and was meeted with high winds and waves, still went in and tried some fishing. The ticket was dead bait...nothing on artis so I had to use dead (felt out of place...LOL). got soaking wet but we manage to catch some drums. Shrimp finished in an hour...we released so much catfish...LOL. Called it quits and went home. Not bad for an hour fishing.
    Attached Files

That is what I call Catching! Great job on that Flatty. Nothin like teamwork!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice Pics and Nice Work fellas!
      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
      X