Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Trout Stocking

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...king.phtml?s=c

Its that time a year again, anybody ever been? Went years ago when the kids were small. If you go on a stocking day, you have a better than average chance of getting a hook up.
    Looks like Tom Bass Park is stocking already. Might have to go check it out with the fly rod and bead head one day.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

I took the kids last year and had a ball. We will be going again this year!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the information; I think my kids would love to try something new. Who am I kidding I have never fished for Rainbow trout and can’t wait to go. Any tips on what artificial baits to use. I don’t have a fly rods.

Comment

Jocues:

Try canned yellow corn, salmon eggs, small cheese balls/squares (cheddar-dry them out for a day or two until thery're hard so they stay on your hook) and Mepps Aglia Dressed Treble or Aglia Marabou. You'll need a very small snelled hook for the corn, cheese or salmon eggs-can't remember size, but they come in a pack of four ot six-they have them at Academy.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I used to go to those when I was living up near Dallas. One of the few options in the winter for bank-bound fisherman.

I had my best luck with berkley powerbait "corn". Basically a powerbait nugget that's yellow and shaped like a kernel. I fished it ~4' under a little bobber with no split shot.

Definently want to use ultralight setup with these fish. Get the most fight out of them It'll also help you cast the lighter lures and tackle better

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Soak canned yellow corn in vanilla.Works great
              NK
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

In Colorado, from ponds and small lakes, I've caught them on small bead head type flys. I'm going to try it here too, but definitely bring a backup such as the corn, or powerbait.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I took the kids last year to Crenshaw Park.. had a blast.. limited out pretty quick.

I had to fillet them little suckers for the kids, course I left me some whole and cooked 'em with the onions and lemons and stuff.. Mmmmm good.

Comment

Went to West Columbia pond today.
                    Caught a limit on teeny gold spinners.
                    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Bumping this up...

Look at Tom Bass Park...every two weeks after Dec 3rd. Gentlemen, Jan 28th they will be stocking Tom Bass Park...whose game.
                      Its cold, windy, and nasty out...lets go get some rainbows!
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                      X