• Show
Clear All

• 4/15 Report - under the lights

Conditions
    Windy as all hell out of the ESE
    Water temp - no idea and I don't think it matters
    Pressure - above 30
    tide - high

OK, I could not stand it anymore watching all those reds and trouts teasing me, so around 8:30 I went out and guess what??? Yep, they were back and tearing up the water in the green lights.

Grab the billy stix and started with SS JR black, nothing. Went to SS JR bone, nothing. Grab a lighter rod and threw a power bait glow (small) nothing. I then thought to myself, if they are not hitting the top or closer to the bottom, how about a suspension bait, but don't let it sink to quickly.

Grab the bill stix again, this time with the Steve Soule special (Mirrolure catch 2000 pearl with red eyes) and first cast, BAM!!!! 24" 5lb red, the belly was so full of bait fish it made it hard to bring him on the dock, but I did. Released and went down the canal a way. First cast, BAM another solid red. 20", 3 lbs (est) released. Next cast, BAM another solid red 21" released. I thought they would go away after two back to back catches, but I then casted one more time and caught a 15" trout released.

Went back to my house and they were still not back, so I called it a night!

Can't wait until tonight
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Dang!nice job.right in your back yard,nice
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks Mike. I'll try a suspending lure-I find shrimp on a #8 treble with no weight or cork works good.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

WTG Mike....Good to live on the Island huh?
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I love the Summer... I go catch a redfish for dinner, walk to the light and am back in 5 minutes with a solid red

I usually keep 1 red for dinner on the weekends and a flounder if I can get one. Nothing like redfish on the half shell on Friday or Saturday night and a stuffed flounder on Sunday night

Great job Mike. I'll have to share with you my secret areas. Blackbeard & I can literally both limit out without launching the boat. Usually we use a golf cart because its stealthy and we can sneak up into vacant lots
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job!! Maybe in a couple years i can do the same! with or w/o the wife's permission....

Comment

good job Mike!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X