Clear All

• East Bay - Apr 17

Wind: E switching to ESE 10-20 knots
    Tide: moderate incoming
    Water Temp: 70-74 deg F
    Water Clarity: Green with 1-2 ft visibility
    Water Depth: 2-4 ft
    Bottom: Soft mud/scatter shell transitioning to silt/sand

Waded East Bay again with my brother and brought my good buddy along to get in on the topwater action. Got an early start and arrived at spot #1 before first light.

Not as much bait as I expected or would have liked, and as a result, the bite wasn't as aggressive as it can be this time of year. However, we worked the area over really hard and were able to scratch out blow ups every 20 mins or so. I'm not a "you gotta throw this color lure" kinda guy... I throw whatever color is most visible given the light and water conditions. However, on Saturday, the most consistent bite came on the pink skitterwalk jr and not my beloved super spook jrs.

After the bite died, we headed to spot #2. We didn't see any bait, but we did see slicks. The wind and current had the slicks distorted... they were'nt circular but elongated. I'm glad we stopped, because the topwater bite was much more aggressive and the fish were much bigger.

Anyway, we ended up having a really good day. We kept 18 trout to 23 inches... about half were in the 17 inch range while the other half was over 19 inches.

Glenn caught his personal best trout... twice. The first was a hair under 23" and the second was just over 23".

Finally, that was my last trip for a while. My company is shipping me overseas til December. I'm sure Glenn and my brother will be posting their catches throughout the year.

Until then... tight lines!
    Attached Files

Very nice!!!!

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

what an awesome trip to end on for a while. congrats!
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice report and catch,congrats.good luck over seas
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for inviting me to join you and your brother on Saturday. As always, I had a great time despite inadvertently going "snorkling" a couple of times. Lessons learned - bring an extra set of clothing!!!!!!

Comment

Great day guys!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sounds like a damn fine trip...thanks for sharing.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

nice work!!!!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Excellant !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                    X