Which towing service is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which towing service is best?

Boats US or Sea Tow.. which do all of you prefer and why?
    They like shiny spoons...

Unless you plan to go offshore or just have deep pockets, I would do without. I always have names and numbers of folks up and down the coast to call if necessary.
    2Cool has saved a lot of us BTW. Post it and they will come!! I'm sure WEA would do the same....
    Last edited by kenny; April 20, 2010, 07:47 PM.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Kenny's right Dave.......call 911.......lol
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I already have Boats US. I just wanted to know.. which do you all prefer and why.

Comment

Why depend on a towing service? Be self sufficient. Get a kicker motor. You have immediate rescue and peace of mind with no waiting. I have a 15 horse Evinrude for sale.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I have a awesome running ..Johnson 15hp on the back. My boat weighs 4000lbs. Thing's do happen. This is the first time in my life that I have ever had coverage. I was told about Boats US by a friend a long time ago. When I purchased my Robalo. I knew I would be going Offshore as much as I could. With that being said...I knew it was worth the $150.00. That is for everything, but trailer coverage. Un-groundings gas jump starts.. parts batts etc. The best is the unlimited towing to your port. I have always managed to get back in in the past...under my own skill's. I think it is a wise investment.
            Last edited by REELING 65; April 20, 2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

The towing plans are cheap insurance, and peace of mind if going offshore especially. I stay in the bay and have a membership with boatus. they are part of West Marine, good or bad. They gave me a free hat.
              Scott
              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

I guess I will be renewing my membership with Boats US.
                And thank you...

Comment

A good friend. & web enabled phone to post here that you need help.
                  NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
                    A good friend. & web enabled phone to post here that you need help.
                    Yeah but that will not be good. If your way out Offshore where there is no service. Sat-phones are way to much money. Ahh..$ 150.00 a year is a good piece of mind.

Comment

Boat US saved me

I run offshore occasionally. I lost the lower unit 9 miles off of SLP 2 summers ago. BoatUS dispatched Tempest Marine (towing) out of Freeport, they came and brought me back to Surfside. Once they learned I had the 'unlimited' package, they were all over it. I was happy to be towed in and they had a $900 deal.
                      One important note, they did not attempt to run me back through the pass. Their boat was too big to make it into west bay safely. So I ended up at Bridge bait, not my original point of departure. But hey, I was safe.
                      I think regardless of what service you have, if you're stranded around Freeport, these guys get called. Just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                        Why depend on a towing service? Be self sufficient. Get a kicker motor. You have immediate rescue and peace of mind with no waiting. I have a 15 horse Evinrude for sale.
                        What if you pull a FoF and get stuck in an inch of water?
                        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I've never been stuck like that. I don't plan on it anytime soon either.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                          X