4-17-2010 pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-17-2010 pirates

My boat was in the shop, so I headed out in my kayak Saturday after all the nasty weather Friday to Pirates. Launching at Tucker's Bayou, I met a young fellow pictured below by the name of Alex originally from Mississipi. We talked a while and I told him to get involved with our WEA site which he seemed agreeable to check out. So, "HI" Alex if you stumble upon this posting. I launched around 7 AM, wind E-ESE 5-12 MPH, air up to 73 degrees, beach water 68 degrees, cloudy to partly cloudy, fairly strong incoming tide in the morning and weak outgoing in the afternoon, barometric pressure 30.04 falling to 29.95. I fished my way to Starvation Cove and back again with only one missed hit on a soft plastic. I did witness a big strike 30 feet in front of me with hapless shad being blown out of the water by a big fish, perhaps a red probably, in 2 foot of water. Casting in that direction yielded no strikes.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

I worked my way back to Tucker's Bayou and into Hoecker's Cove fishing the breaks in the geotubes. I went into a cut in the geotubes and talked to Alex again who had landed some reds, but no keepers. I beached the kayak in the marsh grass to eat lunch and was promply attacked repeatedly by a nesting bird - tern ? - pictured below.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

END

I then went to Hoecker's point on the bay side and fished nice water 40 yards off the geotubes. I witnessed two more savage attacks by reds busting shad on top there, but once again couldn't get a taker on my offerings. Worked my way back to Tucker's Bayou by a different way and saw Alex coming in to call it a day. He still had no keepers. Soon there after, I landed a small fry trout on my pink corky fat boy. Got back to the truck at dark with no fish but with lots of satisfaction for having the opportunity to be where I love to be and doing what I love doing. For that , I am truly thankful.
      Attached Files

Comment

Inspiring report. Thanks for sharing...
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks for the report and for the pics Plugger!
          "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Again great report and pics. Thanks Plugger!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks For sharing

Comment

Nice report and pics.always enjoy reading and seeing your pics
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report..very informative. Thanks Plugger

Comment

Great pics and report as usual Henry!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

My stomping grounds! good work out there.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

One of my favorate spots to yak.Had some of my best red action there.

Comment

Plugger nice report and great pics. i really think that is why i love to fish is the fact that I dont care if I catch a fish anymore i just like being out from some strange reason. Maybe its all the stuff in btween catching fish But hey If I can catch one Im really happy. When I can catch alot those are the day your remember for ever!! Keep fishing.
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X