Christmas 4-21-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 4-21-10

Water looked great yesterday. Warm enough to wet wade. Bait was jumping everywhere. Since I was waiting on my buddy to make it down, I made a short wade thanks to this Nasty thing and the Jerks who decided to cut my wade off 100 yards infront of me. Caught it on topwater of all things. Thought it was a nice red, but no dice. She slurped my Skitterwalk like a fat kid eating cake.

+/- 40"? I don't know how much it weighed but it was heavy. Released to eat another day and stretch someone else's line.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pho cowboy; April 22, 2010, 11:52 AM.
    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Thats wild on a topwater! Somewhat disappointing not to be a red, but an awesome fight nonetheless
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

WTG PC.....Never heard of catching a BU on top!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yeah, she broke off one of my Gamakatsu hooks and bent the heck out of the other. Took me about 20-25 mins and a nice march in the water. That's what I get for trying to land a nice fatty like DPop's! HAHA
        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Never heard of one being caught on top before either. That's nuts...nice work though.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Kinda freaky for sure! Nice but odd hook up....but you still got a dang good pull out of it.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

nice big ugly!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Cool Pho. Never heard of a BU hitting a top.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

wow!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

wow!!!
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

That's wild! Bet you had one heck of a fight. Just think of it as good practice for the big sow thats out there waiting on you.

Comment

Nice catch.bet that was a fun fight
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

That must have been one heck of a blow up Thanks for sharing.
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                          X