Corpus last Weekend 4/17-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corpus last Weekend 4/17-18

My dad and I had a couple hard days of fishing but managed a few keepers and some good times. A lot of you know he's moving to Georgetown and golf heaven and leaving the only place he's lived for 70+ years but hey I can see where golf could be that addicting. Anyway we fished from the power lines just north of JFK to the yellow cabin just South of Bird Island for what will probably be the last time. We threw maulers, tops and soft plastics solo, most of my fish came on red devil eyes and I did have two reds off the hump across from the yellow cabin near the ICW.
    It was a rough 2 days with wind out of the South and then North after the front Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting back down there with my boat in June or July and giving Shamrock a try...Willie, you got your ears on brother?
    Total for the 2 days was around 12 trout and 2 reds...with a few dozen dinks for good measure. Mostly drifting but the reds di come off a quick wade. Hips feeling good and I'm looking forward to The Tails and Tunes for some major wading and testing it out.
    Peace and out!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Glad you got to make a last trip with your dad Monte, and glad your hip is feeling better!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Monte, good report. If you're talking about the yellow cabin around Marker 150, then that is where I was on Sat. We busted the Reds and Trout pretty good. We were in a Shoalwater.

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
        Monte, good report. If you're talking about the yellow cabin around Marker 150, then that is where I was on Sat. We busted the Reds and Trout pretty good. We were in a Shoalwater.
        We didn't catch fish until we got down there. Fishing was definitely better Saturday on the South end of the ULM. Sunday the bite shutdown from what we thought it would be...wind change, higher pressure, or whatever. Saturday was definitely a better day. I managed 2 trout and the 2 reds on Sunday while mostly just drifting. Pops didn't really want to get out of the boat. Oh yeah, thats exactly where I'm talking about. I got me a few good spots around there.
        Planning on going that way sometime in June or July...finally got the boat back from Meeks!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Way to go Monte, Bob and I are heading down to the landcut tomorrow morning, it should be good.

Comment

Working...
          X